The Villages Of The Cotswolds
Aldsworth is a pleasant village with mainly 17th & 18th century buildings. the village was home to Robert Garne,
said to be the owner of the last flock of "Cotswold Lion" breed of sheep that brought so much wealth &
prosperity to the Cotswolds.
the parish church dedicated to St Bartholomew's is Norman with an unusual short spire.
The village is between Cirencester & Burford, 3 miles north east of Bibury
on the B4425
The nearest rail station is at Kemble with services operated by First Great Western.
Bus services connecting Aldsworth are:
- 833 Aldsworth-Cheltenham Pulhams
- 860 Cirencester-Aldsworth Ebley Coach Services
- 863 Cirencester-Southrop Ebley Coach Services
- 865 Cirencester-Southrop Pulhams
- 866 Cirencester-Southrop Ebley Coach Services
If you wish to visit the village, please park in with consideration.
- Sherborne Arms