The church at Buscot is dedicated to St Mary The Virgin. The 13th century church lies in a peaceful setting just a few yards from the River Thames has benefited from several centuries of restoration.
The church was built towards the end of the thirteenth century although the chancel arch is thought to be from an earlier period. Further restoration work in the fifteenth century added the small tower and increased the size of the building.
An outstanding feature of the present church is the east window showing "The Good Shepherd" by Sir Edward Burne-Jones and given to the church in 1891 by Sir Alexander Henderson, 1st Baron Faringdon from nearby Buscot Park. The window depicts a New Testament parable found in John 10:11-18 in which Jesus is depicted as the Good Shepherd who lays down His life for the sheep.